The annual convenience convention NACS went down last week at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, and it was huge, packed full of everything you could think of when it comes to convenience. There were car wash machines, gas pumps, sugary treats, but more importantly, better-for-you foods, protein-packed snacks, hydration beverages, and energy drinks, which was what attracted us to the event.
Every new product, flavor extension, and exciting development we saw at NACS, we shared straight to your website across the three days of the show and even a little bit later. We’ve listed all of the stories we posted from NACS below for anyone who wasn’t following or anyone interested in playing catch-up. There was plenty to see at the convention, the majority of it from outside being for the fast-paced world of energy drinks.
- 5-Hour Energy puts its Regular Strength formula into its eye-catching Gamer Shot
- Accelerator brings a second popsicle style flavor to NACS with a cherry twist
- C4 Energy gets together with the original Popsicle for three authentic ice pop flavors
- Celsius puts more caffeine and some aminos in its upcoming Essentials energy drink
- EHP Labs unveils its extensive authentic collaboration with the iconic Ghostbusters franchise
- Mainstream brand Kind introduces a higher-protein snack at NACS packing 20g a piece
- Functional beverage brand Karma takes on the energy market with the help of Cognizin
- Classic Green Tea flavor returns to the smooth Monster Rehab menu at NACS
- Nasty Beast Hard Tea to follow Monster’s alcoholic beverage debut Beast Unleashed
- Grapefruit-themed Fantasy Ruby Red up next for the zero sugar Monster Ultra
- Rio Punch coming to the menu of Monster’s bubbly fruit juice energy drink
- NOS delivers a slightly sweeter taste in a sugar-free version of its energy drink
- Patria rebrands everyone of its energy drinks to celebrate the Day Of The Dead
- Powerade is releasing a series of sour flavors for its signature sports drink
- Rat Bastard adds a third flavor as it approaches its one year anniversary
- Next year Red Bull’s Summer and Winter flavors will be around for six months
- Reign brings an all-new candy-style Sour Gummy Worm flavor to NACS
- Reign reveals two refreshing new flavor extensions for its clean energy drink
- Rockstar introduces its nootropic energy drink powered by caffeine and lion’s mane
It was the Monster Beverage Corporation that stole the show at NACS, revealing and sampling a whole host of flavor innovations it is planning to launch within the first couple of months of next year. Big stories from other major brands throughout the show include the more performance-focused Celsius Essentials, a beverage to tackle the likes of C4 Energy, Reign Total Body Fuel, and Bang, and Rockstar’s nootropic-style energy drink Rockstar Focus, enhanced with lion’s mane for focus.